Matt's blog--the diary of a guy who worked a gazillion jobs!

I write here about important social and personal issues. I look forward to hearing from you. ajudyfan@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Brewster, New York, United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Ruby Red Slippers -- Stolen!

Last Saturday night someone broke into The Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, MN, where I was two months ago, and stole the very pair of the ruby red slippers shown just below! They were used for closeups according to Ken, a friend I met at the Judy festival. I am surprised that more Judy fans didn't make posts on the Yahoo! groups about this; I for one did to register my disgust at the crime. I bet the shoes aren't recovered; it may have been a job done by someone who knew how to circumvent the alarm system since the theft wasn't discovered until the next morning by a museum staff member. I think it makes the museum staff look like idiots that they didn't have a security camera there--the police chief openly admits that there's not much evidence for them to go on. Some society we live in, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home